June 2, 2015

Sugar and Iced by Jenn McKinlay


Sugar and Iced by Jenn McKinlay
A Cupcake Bakery Mystery #6
ISBN: 9780425258927
Mass Market Paperback - 304 pages

Synopsis:
Sugar and spice and murderous vice.
That’s what pageants are made of…


Normally Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura wouldn’t be caught dead at a beauty pageant, but when Mel’s mom asks them to provide cupcakes for the seventy-fifth annual Sweet Tiara contest as a favor for her best friend, they can’t say no. Plus, between cooking up a daily display for the three-day event and sponsoring a cupcake creation challenge for the participants, Fairy Tale Cupcakes will get great publicity.

But the world of pageants is even hotter than Mel’s kitchen. A high-strung judge and a pushy stage mom target Lupe, a young friend of Mel and Angie’s, at the competition and aim to take her out—by any means necessary. When the same judge shows up dead underneath Mel and Angie’s cupcake display, Lupe is crowned the lead suspect. Now Mel and Angie will have to find the real killer quickly or Lupe may be strutting the catwalk in prison pinstripes…
 

Review:
This is one of my all time favorite cozy mystery series. Although in this installment I have to say I am so upset with the ending that I want to read the next one right now but I have to wait as I have a few in front of it. Jenn really left us with a big cliff hanger. I felt the same as Mel did as I am not a beauty pageant type but I like where this one went. Again Jenn had me stumped on who did the killing until the end of the book. I liked the side stories of Tate & Angie, Lupe & Oz and Mel & Joe.  I found myself happy, sad and excited while reading this book. It was a story I just did not want to put down until I was finished. If you are looking for a fun cozy mystery with some great cupcake recipes in the back then this is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment